ShopCPD Training Course
CPD Training Course - Wednesday 28th September 2022
We hold training courses for vets covering the common ailments, diseases and treatments for domestic poultry throughout the year.
There are an ever increasing number of chickens being presented through the consulting room door and that’s why we provide these courses; so vets can gain knowledge and confidence in the treatment and diagnosis of chicken disease.
We are very proud of our large network of "Chicken Friendly" practices around the UK and by holding these courses we aim to spread knowledge of treating poultry health to these practices.
On a Chicken Vet Training Course, you will learn about:
- The life of the brown hen, vaccination programmes - types of vaccine, administration and availability
- Chicken husbandry - needs, housing management and hygiene
- Nutrition - requirements, associated problems and obesity
- Clinical examination and history taking
- Anatomy and physiology
- Diseases of chickens and other common ailments
- Endo and ectoparasites - identification and control
- Discussion on POM-V medication, analgesia and withdrawal periods
- Practical post-mortem examination.
The Chicken Vet course is presented by vets and technicians from Chicken Vet's parent company, St David's Poultry Team, one of the leading poultry practices in the UK.
If you are a vet nurse who would like to learn more about domestic poultry, we are offering a 25% discount on the cost, and attending the post-mortem session is optional. We also offer a 25% discount for a 2nd vet attending the course from an Associated Practice that is already registered with us. If you qualify for a discount under either of these categories, please contact us on email@example.com to obatin your discount code.
For more information on the Chicken Vet CPD course, or to pay via BACS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org