The Chicken Vet is a web site managed by a poultry veterinary practice based near to Exmouth in Devon, UK. It also has other veterinary practices around the UK that will offer consultations by appointment at their surgeries for Chickens.
If you have an emergency now then we strongly recommend you contact your local veterinary practice to provide rapid care and treatment.
If you live close to one of these practices you might wish to register with us.
If you register with us please remember that it is a legal requirement that a veterinary surgeon examines an animal before being able to prescribe medicines or vaccines and therefore you will need to be able to travel with your birds to one of our associate practices in order to have a veterinary consultation.
If your birds are unwell then you should contact your nearest veterinary surgeon for detailed advice. In cases of emergency such as injury or acute disease then it is best to be registered with a veterinary practice close to your home they can examine, diagnose and treat your birds appropriately.
Registration offers you
- Unique access to Registered owners areas of this site.
- Veterinary consultations at your nearest poultry practice, by appointment only.
- Prescription medication and vaccines upon examination and consultation of your bird or upon production of a prescription from your own vet.
- Veterinary health updates, Avian flu outbreak advice.
- Additional laboratory services.
- New product promotions and information.
- Discounted prices from our shop of 5%.
The registration fee costs a one time payment of £15 and is payable by paypal using a credit/debit card.